Advertising Agencies: What They Offer and How to Select and Brief an Ad Agency
I guess the first question a business should be asking is ‘do I need an advertising agency?’ However, if the answer is ‘yes’, you’ll need to know what advertising agencies do, how to select one that’s right for you, and how to prepare a brief for yours.
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
🔎 See below for details
Marketing for Managers
This video is part of course module number 8.3.5
Program 8: Managing Customers & Clients
Course 3: Marketing for Managers
Section 5: Advertising
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 What is Advertising? And What are its Benefits? https://youtu.be/ksnD_EAeBqI
🎬 Planning an Advertising Campaign: Campaign Objective and Budget https://youtu.be/cVk1N0CedK0
🎬 The Creative Process: Developing, Writing, and Producing an Advert https://youtu.be/9-Fn_7-hg2M
🎬 Top 20 Strategies for Persuasive Ad Copy https://youtu.be/P3JWveZwso4
🎬 All of the Advertising Media I Can Think of https://youtu.be/Eixco65Q3rQ
🎬 Media Buying: The Three Stages https://youtu.be/1-XHc2N-xvw
🎬 Advertising Campaign Monitoring & Evaluation https://youtu.be/x4jydb5wUL0
What services does an advertising agency offer?
Typical roles include:
• Consultancy services
• Developing an advertising strategy
• Creative work: copywriting, design, production
• Media planning, negotiation, buying, and administration
• Integrated services that link advertising to other marketing and communications activities
Advertising agencies come in a variety of types, from:
• Full-service agencies that cover all of the aspects of your campaign,
• Integrated agencies that also deal with other aspects of marketing and communications, to
• Specialists that deal with single parts of the process, and independent agencies
• Will they make the effort to properly understand your business, brand, and products?
• Do they understand your customers?
• What is strength, creatively, and does it fit with your brand image and values?
• What are their project management processes like, for protecting timescales, budget, client communication, and quality?
• How much clout do they have to get a good deal when buying media placement?
It will need to cover:
• Background: Company, brand, product, marketing strategy, competitor analysis
• Research data
• Target audience
• Campaign objectives
The more specific you make your objectives, the better. Be sure to get your campaign brief fully signed-off internally, before you release it to the agency. And be crystal clear about the commercial terms. Finally, set out the process by which you will review and evaluate the agency’s performance, and also the performance of the campaign.
🧰 CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
🧳 Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
📖 Very quick overview
Marketing: A Very Short Introduction https://geni.us/ozSJF
📖 Good general overviews
Kotler on Marketing https://geni.us/JNeVHy
Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind https://geni.us/kGj4KCA
The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing https://geni.us/RVU1
Marketing For Dummies https://geni.us/sZXAw
📖 Small business marketing
The 1-Page Marketing Plan https://geni.us/Xb4wBk
📖 For a textbook, you can’t go wrong with Kotler’s name on it!
Marketing: An Introduction https://geni.us/q4gzVOw
Principles of Marketing https://geni.us/gsFeMT5
Marketing Management https://geni.us/i3FO
⭕️ Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
MANAGEMENT COURSES CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
📓 Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
00:00 – If you need an Advertising Agency…
00:26 – The services advertising agencies offer
01:20 – Advertising Agencies come in a wide variety of forms
01:50 – Advertising agency selection criteria
03:08 – Advertising brief
03:39 – Creating well-formed campaign objectives
04:05 – An integrated advertising brief
04:19 – Advertising performance measures
04:59 – Internal sign-off
05:20 – Campaign Brief and commercial terms
05:37 – Commercial terms
06:03 – Advertising review processes
06:50 – Engaging an advertising agency needs good procurement practices
#AdvertisingAgencies #ManagementCourses #Advertising