Attending Meetings – Are they the Best Use of Your Time?
Attending meetings can be a time saver or a time waster. How do you know if a meeting is the best use of your time? What is the time value of your meetings?
Watching this Video is worth 3 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.1
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 1: Attending Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– This is the first video in the Meetings Course
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– Attending Meetings – Preparing to Attend a Meeting https://youtu.be/W8caX5tPFLA
– Attending Meetings – Networking and Relationship Building https://youtu.be/YhqJHUCY9Gw
– Attending Meetings – Making an Effective Contribution https://youtu.be/VPhN3R4kOlY
– Attending Meetings – Structured Response Formats https://youtu.be/SB23yRpGFkE
To decide if meetings are a good use of your time, you need first to understand how much your meetings cost you or your employer. The equation you’ll need is:
V = T x L x N x W
Then, you’ll need to ask and answer 6 questions. Each represents a crucial choice that will dictate the meeting’s value to you. Choice number…
1. Should I attend?
2. Should I attend all of it?
3. How much time should I invest in preparing?
4. What attitude will I bring to the meeting?
5. How will I contribute to the meeting?
6. How much time will I invest in postparing?
For another angle on this: https://www.sketchplanations.com/post/189537010576/the-cost-of-being-late-its-easy-to-think-its
1. Calculate the value of the meetings you attend (1 MC CPD Point)
2. For the next 3 meetings you are invited to, work your way through the six choices, and make a note of your answers. (3×2 MC CPD Points)
– How to Speak so People Listen https://geni.us/HSPL
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 3 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 10 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon