Attending Meetings – Preparing to Attend a Meeting
If you are going to attend a meeting, make it worthwhile. Preparing to attend a meeting will make all the difference. You need to know what you want and get ready to get it.
So, in this video we’l look at how to prepare for a meeting and the six key components of meeting preparation.
Watching this Video is worth 3 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.1
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 1: Attending Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Attending Meetings – Are they the Best Use of Your Time? https://youtu.be/OQIFjLxld0c
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– Attending Meetings – Networking and Relationship Building https://youtu.be/YhqJHUCY9Gw
– Attending Meetings – Making an Effective Contribution https://youtu.be/VPhN3R4kOlY
– Attending Meetings – Structured Response Formats https://youtu.be/SB23yRpGFkE
Three things matter most:
1. Knowing what outcome you want
2. Familiarity with the topics that will come up
3. Having access to the information you’ll need
The six key components of preparation are:
2. Who will be there?
4. Plan your contribution
4. Get your notes in order
6. Visualize success
1. Use ths video to creae your own ‘Meeting Preparation Checklist (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Before your next three meetings, prepare fully, following the guidance in this video (3×2 MC CPD Points)
– How to Speak so People Listen https://geni.us/HSPL
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 3 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 11 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon