Attending Meetings – Structured Response Formats
When you are attending a meeting and want to make an effective contribution, my top tip is to use a one of my structured response formats.
These are eight simple formulas for structuring your response to a question, or for giving your point of view in a concise, effective way. They can make attending meetings a platform for enhancing your professional reputation.
Watching this Video is worth 3 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.1
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 1: Attending Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Attending Meetings – Are they the Best Use of Your Time? https://youtu.be/OQIFjLxld0c
– Attending Meetings – Preparing to Attend a Meeting https://youtu.be/W8caX5tPFLA
– Attending Meetings – Networking and Relationship Building https://youtu.be/YhqJHUCY9Gw
– Attending Meetings – Making an Effective Contribution https://youtu.be/VPhN3R4kOlY
For lesson notes, download our free tip-sheet, from https://gumroad.com/l/XXOus
1. review the 8 structured response formats. Which ones look like they will work for you, in the kind of situations you find yourself at work? Make a note of them in your notebook, where you’ll be able to access them easily. (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Practice your skills. Think back to a recent occasion when you needed to make an important point clearly, succinctly, and with impact. Write out how you could make that point using one of the 8 structured response formats. Spend some time revising it and maybe trying out another format. (3 MC CPD Points)
3. On the next three chances you get to attend a meeting and contribute a significant point, structure your response to one of the formats. How did it go? (3×2 MC CPD Points)
– Structured Response Formats notes https://gumroad.com/l/XXOus
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– How to Speak so People Listen https://geni.us/HSPL
– Here’s an article on a slightly fuller Structured Response Format: https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/adios-powerpoint-this-simple-document-template-makes-meetings-shorter-sweeter-smarter.html
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 3 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 14 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon