Chairing Meetings – Housekeeping for your Meeting
When you are chairing meetings, there’s invariably a load of housekeeping to do. Yes, I know this is far from the most thrilling topic in meeting management. But it is important, so do take the time to review this short video on meeting housekeeping!
Watching this Video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.2
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 2: Chairing Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Planning Your Meeting https://youtu.be/u0hqoWIecNU
– Meetings as Conversations https://youtu.be/42kngpo0MPE
– Meeting Discipline https://youtu.be/NWLKP4Lk3BA
– Hosting the Meeting https://youtu.be/MyyoRz4fKP8
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– Managing the Meeting https://youtu.be/cRap-SJ8tpQ
– How to Close Your Meeting https://youtu.be/S0V2-NsLFSs
– Meeting Minutes and Follow-up https://youtu.be/97j9Nq8UuGk
The basics of housekeeping are:
– visual aids
– opening the meeting with a good welcome
– closing the meeting effectively
So, arrive early and make your next meeting a success.
1. Build yourself a simple housekeeping checklist (1 MC CPD Point)
2. Work through your housekeeping checklist at your next meeting (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Review your housekeeping soon after your next meeting. Use your review to update your checklist (2 MC CPD Points)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 6 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon