Chairing Meetings – How to Close Your Meeting
People remember beginnings and endings, So, when you are chairing meetings, always pay attention to how you close your meeting.
Watching this Video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.2
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 2: Chairing Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Meeting Discipline https://youtu.be/NWLKP4Lk3BA
– Hosting the Meeting https://youtu.be/MyyoRz4fKP8
– Housekeeping https://youtu.be/U3PfBOBeqBY
– Managing the Meeting https://youtu.be/cRap-SJ8tpQ
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– Meeting Minutes and Follow-up https://youtu.be/97j9Nq8UuGk
Close your meeting with the Triple-A Close
– Actions and Allocations
And always thank people for their attendance and attention.
1. Review how well you closed the last meeting you chaired. What will you do differently when you close your next meeting? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Next time you chair, when you close your meeting, try out the Triple-A Close (1 MC CPD Points)
3. Review how well the Triple-A close worked for you after you close your next meeting. How can you tweak it to make it even better? (2 MC CPD Points)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 6 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon