Chairing Meetings – How to Reduce Meeting Cost
Meetings use up a lot of organizational time. So they also cost a lot of money. This means it is part of your role, when chairing a meeting, to reduce the meeting cost.
So, in this video, we’ll look at ways you can reduce meeting costs – without diminishing their value.
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.2
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 2: Chairing Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Planning Your Meeting https://youtu.be/u0hqoWIecNU
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– Meetings as Conversations https://youtu.be/42kngpo0MPE
– Meeting Discipline https://youtu.be/NWLKP4Lk3BA
– Hosting the Meeting https://youtu.be/MyyoRz4fKP8
– Housekeeping https://youtu.be/U3PfBOBeqBY
– Managing the Meeting https://youtu.be/cRap-SJ8tpQ
The two approaches you can take to reduce meeting cost are:
1. Reduce meeting cost by only meeting when necessary… and only calling those people to the meeting who should be there
2. Managing meeting effectively, to reduce the cost of meetings that happen
1. Look at the next couple of meetings you have called (or plan to call). Are they really necessary? If they are, review carefully who needs to be there. (2 MC CPD Points)
2. From now on, schedule your meetings at 25 minutes if normally half an hour, or at ten minutes less than the full hour or hour and a half. (2 MC CPD Points)
3. At your next two meetings, enforce rigorous time discipline, both at the start and throughout your meeting. Only diverge from this if the meeting agrees to extend. (2 MC CPD Points)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 8 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon