Chairing Meetings – Meeting Minutes and Follow-up
It’s not over ’til it’s over. And, when you’re chairing meetings, you aren’t finished until you issue your meeting minutes, and follow-up on the meeting.
Watching this Video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 2.3.2
Program 2: The Manager as Communicator
Course 3: Meetings
Section 2: Chairing Meetings
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– Hosting the Meeting https://youtu.be/MyyoRz4fKP8
– Housekeeping https://youtu.be/U3PfBOBeqBY
– Managing the Meeting https://youtu.be/cRap-SJ8tpQ
– How to Close Your Meeting https://youtu.be/S0V2-NsLFSs
Primary videos that follow this video include:
This is the last video in this section. The next section will be about holding one-on-one meetings.
There are three kinds of minutes:
1. Good – formal minutes that detail everything
2. Better – a table of issues, actions, and decisions, with actions allocated to people and deadlines included
3. Best. A list of decisions, and individual action lists for each participant – with deadlines.
By the way, if you’re wondering what a deadline really is… https://youtu.be/H7ByB0c0SpQ
1. Think through the type of minutes that will suit your meetings best. Create your own template – either from scratch, or starting with our Free meeting minutes templates (https://gum.co/GBBminutes). (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Use your new template for your next minutes. As you take it for a road test, modify it as you need to. (2 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Good, Better, Best minutes Templates https://gum.co/GBBminutes
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 6 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon