Confidence – The Basics & Basis of Confidence
Confidence is belief in yourself and your ability to succeed. But where does it stem from? In this video, we’ll look at the basis of confidence – the absolute basics that every manager and professional should start with.
Watching this Video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.3
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 3: Confidence
Primary videos that precede this video include:
This is the first video about Confidence. But do take a look at our videos on assertiveness:
– Assertiveness – What are Passive, Aggressive & Assertive? https://youtu.be/KmrokQdsjTA
– Assertiveness – Recognize Passive, Aggressive, & Assertive Behaviors https://youtu.be/wq16lBNx_L0
– Assertiveness – What to Say to be Assertive https://youtu.be/xrRVayJW-BA
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– How You can Feel Confident https://youtu.be/_LwDFqbR9ZU
– 10 Tips to Act with Confidence https://youtu.be/At-tryRfEXU
The six bases of confidence are:
1. Self-Knowledge – your strengths and weaknesses
2. Self-respect – your rights
3. Optimism – looking for opportunities
4. Competence – the skills you have
5. Experience – everything you have seen and done
6. Resilience – your ability to withstand adversity
Make a Personal Confidence Log. Start filling it with these six exercises:
1. Inventory your strengths, weaknesses, successes, and lessons. What do you learn? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. What resources do you have available to you? Make a full list. (2 MC CPD Points)
3. What opportunities would you like to find? If you know how to tune your antennae, you are more likely to spot the things you want. (2 MC CPD Points)
4. Make a list of all of the skills, abilities, and talents you have. (2 MC CPD Points)
5. What experiences have shaped you and contributed to who and what you are today? (2 MC CPD Points)
6. You need to keep yourself resilient. Review your lifestyle. What improvements can you make to:
– your diet?
– your exercise?
– your relationships?
– your rest and relaxation? (4 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– The Chimp Paradox https://geni.us/yvTgd
– Daring Greatly https://geni.us/Es4TiK5
– The Confidence Code (mainly written for women) https://geni.us/QV1esg
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 16 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon