First Impression – Appearance: How to Look the Part
We form a first impression of someone within a few seconds of meeting them. It’s vital that you know how to create the right first impression for you. And the first thing that people notice is your appearance.
So, you need to look the part to make that strong and positive personal impact. This video takes you through all the elements you’ll need to make a brilliant first impression.
Watching this Video is worth 4 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.1
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 1: First Impression
Primary videos that preceed this video include:
– This is the first in the sequence
The elements of your appearance that contribute most to the first impression you give are:
– Accessories and equipment
– The colors you choose (learn how people interpret them)
– Acting naturally (for more on that, see the next two videos)
1. Review the clothes and accessories you would wear to your next business meeting. Ask yourself: ‘How do they stack up?’ (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Who do you know that dresses exceptionally well, and creates a splendid first impression through their appearance? (2 MC CPD Points)
3. What do they do, that you can learn from? (2 MC CPD Points)
4. Approach someone you know, who dresses well, and whom you trust. Buy them a coffee and ask for their honest opinions about your appearance, and what recommendations they have. (4 MC CPD Points)
– Dress Me Slowly, I’m in a Hurry: Master the Art of First Impressions to Stand Out in the Job Hunting Game https://geni.us/fv9c
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 4 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 14 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon