Four Quadrants of Team Leadership
A team can focus on two things: task and relationship. And, for each, there are 2 elements: the content and the process. This gives us 4 quadrants of team leadership.
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.3
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 3: Team Leadership
Other videos in this section include:
– Team Leadership and the Tuckman Group Development Stages https://youtu.be/qtwMA6EQRKo
– Servant Leadership: Leading Your Team in the Tuckman Performing Stage https://youtu.be/_YEKWXbmMp8
– John Adair’s Action Centered Leadership https://youtu.be/uVmjr1Jp4YA
– LEAD Your Team: 4 Team Leadership Priorities https://youtu.be/PERd_fnUalQ
– Team Leadership Continuum https://youtu.be/-OL_p2Cx3Jc
– Daniel Goleman’s 6 Leadership Styles for Team Leaders https://youtu.be/xN7sjQYNkhg
– Handling Team Problems https://youtu.be/-Zfy3Ef8P_0
A team can focus on two things:
And, for each, there are 2 elements:
• – the content
• The process
This gives us 4 quadrants where you need to attend to your team leadership that you need to attend to:
This is the basic job the team is there to do: what they need to do and the outcomes you need from them
This is how the team needs to tackle their task. The plans, systems, processes, rules.
It is also how they go about solving problems and making decisions.
This is the nature of the relationships you wish to create. Ranging from formal hierarchies, reporting lines, and collaborations, to informal networks
This is how the team communicates – both amongst its members and with other collaborators and stakeholders outside of the team.
Includes things like ground rules for behaviors.
1. The Four Quadrants of Team Leadership model sets out what we need to attend to as a team leader. Inventory your performance against them. How well are you performing? Where are your strong and weak points? (4 MC CPD Points)
2. What changes do you need to make? (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Make those changes and monitor your performance and the outcomes your choices have on your team’s performance for two weeks. Reflect on what you learn and what your next priorities are. (3 MC CPD Points)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers need a basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 11 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#FourQuadrants #TeamLeadership #ManagementCourses