Fundamental Model of Negotiation – the Basic Negotiation Process
Some people find the idea of negotiating uncomfortable. It feels like negotiation is about asking for more than you deserve. It is not. In this video, we’ll get started on the basics with the Fundamental Model of Negotiation.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 5.2.1
Program 5: Managerial Skillset
Course 2: Negotiation
Section 1: Basic Negotiation Process
Other videos about the Fundamental Model of Negotiation include:
. Fundamental Model of Negotiation – https://youtu.be/PKz4pDm1e90
. Preparation Stage – https://youtu.be/Adr9STSP2FI
. Opening Stage – https://youtu.be/TzVSihe5vmA
. Bargaining Stage – https://youtu.be/4mOK_Z6VbX0
. Negotiating Team Roles – https://youtu.be/UyLq0MsSvv0
. Closing Stage – https://youtu.be/mLXtLRPuTXE
. Negotiation Follow-up – https://youtu.be/ln5DTgcUg1c
After this set, look out for 5.2.2 – Key Concepts on Negotiation
2 things to recognize:
1. Negotiation may be a part of your job – to represent the best interests of your organization
2. Good negotiation is about seeking a fair deal – not one that advantages one party at the cost of another
What is Negotiation?
Negotiation is the process of searching for an agreement that satisfies all parties
1. Negotiation aims to produce a fair outcome for both sides
2. If you know the process and follow the process, you can get good results.
There are four steps in the core negotiation process:
After these, there is some follow-up, but this assumes the completion of a successful negotiation.
In subsequent videos, we’ll look at each of these. And. later in the course, I’ll give you more detail on principles, practices, and tools that negotiators use within the framework of this process.
1. Start your own Negotiating Notebook. Document the negotiating process in your own words. (1 MC CPD Point)
2. Think back to negotiations you have participated in. How clear were the stages of the negotiation process? What things happened in those stages? Ad what might have been missed? Use your thoughts to add to the process you created in part 1 of this exercise (2 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
Negotiate Wisely in Business and Technlogy (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/a2n1T6Y
Everything is Negotiable) (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/Ozwwr
Getting to Yes (the classic text) https://geni.us/U3CjduK
Getting Past No (the follow-up to Getting to Yes) https://geni.us/VQAd7
Bargaining for Advantage (another classic) https://geni.us/anBn
Negotiation Genius (Modern look at the negotiation mindset) https://geni.us/cBKKn3x
Never Split the Difference (red hot tips from ex-hostage negotiator) https://geni.us/YBSogJ
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 4 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Negotiation #ManagementCourses #ManagementTraining