Goal Setting: The Start of Your Time Management
Goals answer the question: What do you want? and, if you don’t know the answer to that, how are you going to get it. So, goal setting is the vital first step to time management, personal productivity and, ultimately, success!
Watching this video is worth 4 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.6.2
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 6: Personal Productivity
Section 2: Time Management
Relevant videos in the same section as this video include:
– The Power of Habits: Productivity through Effective Working
– Planning, Preparation, and Follow-up: Effective Working for Better Productivity
– Activity Log: Logging Your Time and Activities
Goal setting works:
1. Self-set goals are motivating
2. They help you spot opportunities
The Reticular Activating System is responsible for regulating sleep, waking, attention and arousal. One role is to control levels of activation as sensory signals are routed to the higher processing levels of your brain.
Make your Goals SMARTEST
Setting goals is undoubtedly a way to improve your performance.
Set yourself goals, make them very specific,
ask yourself “Will I…?”, and monitor your performance constantly.
Self-Regulation Differences during Athletic Practice by Experts, Non-Experts, and Novices – Timothy J. Cleary & Barry J. Zimmerman https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/104132001753149883
Motivating Goal-Directed Behavior Through Introspective Self-Talk: The Role of the Interrogative Form of Simple Future Tense
Ibrahim Senay, Dolores Albarracín, Kenji Noguchi
1. Carve out a good chunk of time when you can really focus, to work on setting your goals. Think about different time horizons and set goals for each one. Make sure your goal setting fits the SMARTEST framework. (6 MC CPD Point)
For tools to help you do it, download our Goal Setting kit – https://gum.co/rvObi ($2)
Crafting a good set of goals for yourself will be THE most valuable investment you can make in yourself.
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– Goal setting kit – https://gum.co/rvObi ($2)
I’ll be as modest as I can. I’m something of an expert on effective working, personal productivity, & time management, with 4 best-selling books by 3 international publishers:
– The Time Management Pocketbook
– How to Manage Your Time
– Powerhouse: Turbo Boost Your Effectiveness and Start Making a Serious Impact
– The Yes/No Book: How to do less… and achieve more
And here are my picks from the thousands of other books on personal productivity, effective working, & time management:
– The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
– The Power of Habit: Why we Do what we Do, and How to Change
– Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
– Eat that Frog! 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 4 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 10 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Productivity #TimeManagement #GoalSetting