How to Build Rapport (Develop your Charisma)
Becoming likeable and having the charisma to attract people to you depends in large part on your ability to build rapport with people. So, in this video, I’ll discuss how to build rapport.. and how not to.
Watching this Video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.5
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 5: Charisma
Primary videos that precede this video include:
Presence, Charisma, Gravitas: What’s the Difference? https://youtu.be/J2-3LpacQhM
The absolute essential thing is to take a sincere interest in other people.
Everything else boils down to a simple truth: ‘people like people who are like themselves’.
So you need to match the people around you.
But take care: avoid mirroring in the wrong context.
Continue your Personal Confidence Log from the last videos:
1. Practice rapport building at every opportunity you get. Afterwards, make some notes about what you notice in your Personal Confidence Log. (2 MC CPD Points every time, for the first 5 times)
– The Charisma Myth: Master the Art of Personal Magnetism https://geni.us/CWk1
– The Charisma Effect: How to Make a Powerful and Lasting Impression https://geni.us/dRRN
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 12 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon