LEAD Your Team: 4 Team Leadership Priorities
Here is a very simple model of four team leadership priorities – which spell out LEAD. Can you guess what they are?
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.3
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 3: Team Leadership
Other videos in this section include:
– Team Leadership and the Tuckman Group Development Stages https://youtu.be/qtwMA6EQRKo
– Servant Leadership: Leading Your Team in the Tuckman Performing Stage https://youtu.be/_YEKWXbmMp8
– John Adair’s Action Centered Leadership https://youtu.be/uVmjr1Jp4YA
– Four Quadrants of Team Leadership https://youtu.be/kvEWWST-oh8
– Team Leadership Continuum https://youtu.be/-OL_p2Cx3Jc
– Daniel Goleman’s 6 Leadership Styles for Team Leaders https://youtu.be/xN7sjQYNkhg
– Handling Team Problems https://youtu.be/-Zfy3Ef8P_0
The 4 team leadership priorities that spell out LEAD are:
Perhaps the primary communication skill. You need to pay attention to what your team members and stakeholders want and need to tell you.
We have a video on listening in our series on Negotiation: https://youtu.be/YCIryXl-ApI
You are there for your team. So, you need to guide, support, and motivate them to perform at their best.
We have a whole course on Motivation, so check out the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6vWkk9L7LeE7ly5r-rFBoi0gt1o3yKhH
Fundamentally, a manager is paid to deliver your operations. This means you equally need to make things happen, give instructions, and speak without fear.
We have a series of videos on assertiveness in our course on Personal Impact: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6vWkk9L7LeHP4d6ecPXo6SD7ADEZE-ve
Management is a series of choices. Each one opens up and shuts down opportunity. You have to figure out what is right, and set your team’s priorities.
Good quality decisions course coming
1. The LEAD framework sets out four priorities as a team leader. Inventory your performance against these team leadership behaviors. How well are you performing? Where are your strong and weak points? (4 MC CPD Points)
2. What changes do you need to make? (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Make those changes and monitor your performance and the outcomes your choices have on your team’s performance for two weeks. Reflect on what you learn and what your next priorities are. (3 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers need a basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 11 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#TeamLeadership #ManagementCourses #LEAD