Make a Good First Impression – Positive Attitude
If you want to make a good first impression, you need to show up with a positive attitude. And there are many attitudes that will enhance your professional presence and personal effectiveness.
In this video, we’ll look at the positive attitudes that people notice quickly and contribute to a powerful first impression.
Watching this Video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.1
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 1: First Impression
Primary videos that preceed this video include:
– First Impression – Appearance https://youtu.be/wQKttXHMVps
Primary videos that follow this video include:
– First Impression – Posture and Gesture https://youtu.be/_ifp7jTHjoM
The four positive attitudes that make the biggest personal impact as a first impression are:
– Being present and prepared
– A positive, enthusiastic, confident demeanor
– Showing courtesy and respect
– Having patience and self-control
Your words can also say a lot about your attitude, so choose them with care.
1. What attitudes did you go into your last meeting with? How well did they serve you? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Which attitudes will you work on first, to create a better first impression and stronger personal impact at your next few workplace meetings? (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Deliberately notice your attitudes and the effects they have on the people around you at your next 3 meetings. Reflect afterwards on what you learn. (3×2 MC CPD Points)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 12 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon