Mental Presence – Being there, mentally
Presence is that state where people cannot help but notice you are there – in a good way. And one half of the key to this is Mental Presence. Being there, mentally.
Watching this Video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.4
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 4: Presence
Primary videos that precede this video include:
Presence, Charisma, Gravitas: What’s the Difference? https://youtu.be/J2-3LpacQhM
The Next video to watch is:
Physical Presence – Creating the Impression you are Completely Present https://youtu.be/_MseNeFczAU
If you are in the room, BE in the room. Keep all your attention there: with the people who are engaging with you.
– Listen more and say less
– Slow down and pause
– Keep your energy levels high
– There’s no need to please others
Continue your Personal Confidence Log from the last videos:
1. Next time you are in a one-to-one meeting, practice keeping your attention on the other person and on the dialogue between you. Afterwards, make some notes in your Personal Confidence Log. (2+2 MC CPD Points)
2. Next time you are in a meeting with several people, practice keeping your attention on the meeting and on the conversation. Afterwards, make some notes in your Personal Confidence Log. (2+2 MC CPD Points)
– Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges https://geni.us/SCerYBh
– Executive Presence: The Art of Commanding Respect Like a CEO https://geni.us/QqYV
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 10 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon