Negotiating Team Roles in the Negotiation Process
As your negotiations get more complex, you will increasingly need to enter them with a team to support you. Maybe one person, maybe two or more. But what are the negotiating team roles that you and your colleagues will play? That is the subject of this short video.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 5.2.1
Program 5: Managerial Skillset
Course 2: Negotiation
Section 1: Basic Negotiation Process
Other videos about the Fundamental Model of Negotiation include:
. Fundamental Model of Negotiation – https://youtu.be/PKz4pDm1e90
. Preparation Stage – https://youtu.be/Adr9STSP2FI
. Opening Stage – https://youtu.be/TzVSihe5vmA
. Bargaining Stage – https://youtu.be/4mOK_Z6VbX0
. Negotiating Team Roles – https://youtu.be/UyLq0MsSvv0
. Closing Stage – https://youtu.be/mLXtLRPuTXE
. Negotiation Follow-up – https://youtu.be/ln5DTgcUg1c
After this set, look out for 5.2.2 – Key Concepts on Negotiation
The essential characteristic of a successful negotiating team is unity. You have to work together as one coherent whole.
This needs a clear briefing that sets out your goal, strategy, and the negotiating team roles each person will play.
Basic team roles in negotiation
– Lead negotiator – authorized to do a deal or proceed to a specific stage
– Note taker
1. Ahead of your next negotiation, think about who you could take into the meeting with you. How will you divide up the negotiation team roles amongst you? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Think through how you will brief other negotiating team members, and make some notes so you do not miss anything important. (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Refresh your memory of Power in the Meeting Room: Psychology of Seating Positions https://youtu.be/Bh8MnOJ6RQw
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
Negotiate Wisely in Business and Technlogy (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/a2n1T6Y
Everything is Negotiable) (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/Ozwwr
Getting to Yes (the classic text) https://geni.us/U3CjduK
Getting Past No (the follow-up to Getting to Yes) https://geni.us/VQAd7
Bargaining for Advantage (another classic) https://geni.us/anBn
Negotiation Genius (Modern look at the negotiation mindset) https://geni.us/cBKKn3x
Never Split the Difference (red hot tips from ex-hostage negotiator) https://geni.us/YBSogJ
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point.
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 5 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Negotiation #NegotiatingTeam #ManagementTraining