Negotiation Follow-up – after the Negotiating Process
You may have closed your negotiation. But it’s not completely done. You must always carry out all of the follow-up actions. If you don’t, all your negotiating efforts could go to waste.
So, I’ll take you through the basics of what you need to do to properly follow-up on your negotiations. We’ll see what to do after the deal is done.
The Follow-up Stage is a fifth step that follows the four steps of the basic negotiation process.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 5.2.1
Program 5: Managerial Skillset
Course 2: Negotiation
Section 1: Basic Negotiation Process
Other videos about the Fundamental Model of Negotiation include:
. Fundamental Model of Negotiation – https://youtu.be/PKz4pDm1e90
. Preparation Stage – https://youtu.be/Adr9STSP2FI
. Opening Stage – https://youtu.be/TzVSihe5vmA
. Bargaining Stage – https://youtu.be/4mOK_Z6VbX0
. Negotiating Team Roles – https://youtu.be/UyLq0MsSvv0
. Closing Stage – https://youtu.be/mLXtLRPuTXE
. Negotiation Follow-up – https://youtu.be/ln5DTgcUg1c
After this set, look out for 5.2.2 – Key Concepts on Negotiation
Here are my six follow-up tasks to do after the deal is done and you have concluded your negotiation:
1. Document agreement in writing
2. Share it – as a fact, not a consultation: ‘to confirm our agreement’
3. Carry out any agreed actions
4. Inform people who need to know
5. Courtesy thanks to all those involved on your side
6. Send a polite note to your counter-party
1. Are there any deals you have done recently, where you have not fully followed-up on your negotiation? If there are, take care of things… NOW! (2 MC CPD Points)
Negotiate Wisely in Business and Technlogy (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/a2n1T6Y
Everything is Negotiable) (A basic introduction) https://geni.us/Ozwwr
Getting to Yes (the classic text) https://geni.us/U3CjduK
Getting Past No (the follow-up to Getting to Yes) https://geni.us/VQAd7
Bargaining for Advantage (another classic) https://geni.us/anBn
Negotiation Genius (Modern look at the negotiation mindset) https://geni.us/cBKKn3x
Never Split the Difference (red hot tips from ex-hostage negotiator) https://geni.us/YBSogJ
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point.
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 3 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Negotiation # Follow-up #ManagementCourses