NLP Presuppositions: Explained!
NLP learning often starts with a set of presuppositions. These are statements that may or may not be true. However, it is helpful to proceed as if they are because they are deeply empowering. They are ‘convenient assumptions’.
Watching this video is worth 3 Management Courses CPD Points*.
🔎 See below for details
This video is part of course module 2.9.1
Program 2: Manager as Communicator
Course 9: NLP
Section 1: Introduction to NLP
Dr Mike Clayton has been an NLP Master Practitioner since 2003.
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 What is NLP? Neuro Linguistic Programming https://youtu.be/F29MDTiwiTg
🎬 NLP’s Logical Levels of Change: (aka Neurological Levels) https://youtu.be/DNIBBPQsZDk
🎬 The NLP Approach to Rapport Building https://youtu.be/mL4WbW4Ytjc
🎬 NLP Filters: How we Interpret the World around us https://youtu.be/TUnvH9_8CWc
There are many lists of NLP Presuppositions in the many books and training manuals produced over the years. However, here are the 12 I like to discuss as part of some of my training courses.
1. The map is not the territory
2. Respect each person’s model of the world
3. Individuals have all of the resources that they need in order to achieve their desired outcomes – or they can create those resources
4. Excellence can be modeled and duplicated
5. I am in charge of my mind and therefore of my results
6. People are only as resourceful as the mental and emotional state they are in
7. A person’s behavior is a representation of their current state, not who they are
8. All behavior is motivated by positive intention. People make the best choices they can with the resources they have available
9. Resistance is a sign of a lack of rapport
10. The meaning of your communication is the response you get
11. All outcomes are achievements: there is no such thing as failure – only feedback
12. The person who has most flexibility will get the most results
Consider these presuppositions and what they mean to you.
1. Which ones resonate strongly with you? (1 MC CPD Point)
2. Which ones could make the biggest difference, if you started acting as if they were true? (1 MC CPD Point)
📖 For a full transcript of this course, download our low cost Kindle-exclusive eBook, NLP – Neuro-Linguistic Programming: A Management Courses Introduction – https://geni.us/VGhsNQ
🧰 CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
🧳 Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
There are many books that introduce NLP. These are the ones I have, and can recommend:
📖 NLP Workbook: A Practical Guide To Achieving The Results You Want https://geni.us/LNhW
📖 NLP at Work: The Difference that Makes the Difference https://geni.us/we84
📖 Introducing NLP: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People https://geni.us/H3VneOh
⭕️ Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon and help support our free videos
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
MANAGEMENT COURSES CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
📓 Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 3 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 5 MC CPD points
00:00 – What are NMP Presuppositions?
00:30 – 50+ Presuppositions?
00:55 – No.1: The Map is not the Territory
01:51 – No.2: Respect each Person’s Model of the world
02:32 – No.3: Individuals have all the resources they need…
03:15 – No.4: Excellence can be Modelled and Duplicated
04:01 – No.5: I am in Charge of my Mind…
04:37 – No.6: People are only as Resourceful as…
05:02 – No.7: A Person’s Behavior…
06:05 – No.8: All Behavior is Motivated by Positive Intent…
06:34 – No.9: Resistance is a Sign of Lack of Rapport
07:16 – No.10: The Meaning of Your Communication…
08:00 – No.11: All Outcomes are Achievements…
08:45 – No.12: The Person who has the most Flexibility…
#ManagementCourses #NLP #Presuppositions