Receiving Feedback: Acting on Feedback – 8 Steps
To be effective in making change, we must take responsibility for acting on the feedback we receive
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
🔎 See below for details
This video is part of course module number 3.8.3
Program 3: Managing & Leading Individuals
Course 8: Feedback
Section 3: Receiving Feedback
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 How to Ask for Performance Feedback https://youtu.be/ihShcUlep2Y
🎬 How to Receive Performance Feedback https://youtu.be/MkE90_b0VAw
🎬 What is 360-degree Feedback? https://youtu.be/F4kcj7pfBxc
1. Compare and reflect upon all your feedback.
2. Create your own summary of it.
3. Take time to build up an understanding of what is important:
– Consistent messages
– Significant issues
– Causes you can control
4. Maybe consult others – a coach or a mentor, perhaps – about what steps you can take. They can help you think through options and assess them critically.
5. Develop a plan of action
6. Communicate your plan to people who need to know – and to people whom you want to know – perhaps to help you with accountability.
7. Act on your plan
8. And… Monitor progress and outcomes
1. Next time you receive feedback, act on it. Follow the 8 step process. (3 MC CPD Points)
📖 Feedback (and Other Dirty Words): Why We Fear It, How to Fix It https://geni.us/Pg4gk
📖 Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well https://geni.us/OtdDnSy
📖 HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback https://geni.us/h0cN
📖 Feedback Pocketbook https://geni.us/D8Ar
📖 Feedback Toolkit: 16 Tools for Better Communication in the Workplace https://geni.us/x8TGT4
⭕️ Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
MANAGEMENT COURSES CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
📓 Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 4 MC CPD points
#ManagementCourses #Feedback #ActingOnFeedback