Receiving Feedback: How to Ask for Feedback
We know that good performance feedback can help us grow, develop, and improve. But we don’t find it easy to ask for it. In this video, I’ll tell you how to ask for feedback.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
🔎 See below for details
This video is part of course module number 3.8.3
Program 3: Managing & Leading Individuals
Course 8: Feedback
Section 3: Receiving Feedback
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 How to Receive Performance Feedback https://youtu.be/MkE90_b0VAw
🎬 Acting on Performance Feedback https://youtu.be/mVXzYxN1rxE
🎬 What is 360-degree Feedback? https://youtu.be/F4kcj7pfBxc
1. Choose the people that you will ask, carefully
2. Select an appropriate time to ask them
3. Ask them in a way that allows them to say no.
4. Be clear what feedback you are after – set the boundaries…
– For your benefit – you want to focus
– For their benefit, so they know it’s a constrained requirement and also so they can prepare well.
1. A simple exercise: find someone to ask for feedback. Pick your time. And ask them. (3 MC CPD Points)
🧰 CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
🧳 Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
📖 Feedback (and Other Dirty Words): Why We Fear It, How to Fix It https://geni.us/Pg4gk
📖 Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well https://geni.us/OtdDnSy
📖 HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback https://geni.us/h0cN
📖 Feedback Pocketbook https://geni.us/D8Ar
📖 Feedback Toolkit: 16 Tools for Better Communication in the Workplace https://geni.us/x8TGT4
⭕️ Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
MANAGEMENT COURSES CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
📓 Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 4 MC CPD points
#ManagementCourses #Feedback #AskForFeedback