Style and Presentation to Enhance Your Gravitas
This is a short video that looks at the impact of style and presentation on your gravitas. You’d expect that these superficial elements are of little importance to gravitas.
Style and presentation are, indeed, very much secondary to substance and authority. But, every little helps. So, in this short video lesson, we’ll see what matters.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 1.5.6
Program 1: Managing Yourself
Course 5: Personal Impact
Section 6: Gravitas
Primary videos that precede this video include:
– The Trust Equation – Gravitas needs Trust https://youtu.be/ikVmmhONXig
– Credibility: Gain Gravitas through Knowledge and Experience https://youtu.be/KeR72NWxfB4
– The Presence of Gravitas: How Deliberate Pacing makes People Take Note https://youtu.be/9maBWUa8j5c
– Speaking with the Voice of Authority: How it Builds Gravitas https://youtu.be/EefSdq4P3qo
– The Power of Silence: How to Use it to Enhance Your Gravitas https://youtu.be/A3WpgR6biu4
The Next video to watch is:
– Avoid Leaking Authority and Giving up Gravitas https://youtu.be/UcosCN6-teE
– Structure Your Comments: 5 Ways to Enhance your Authority https://youtu.be/jyH4PtqLlZw
While style and presentation are secondary to acquiring gravitas, they can make a small but valuable addition to the authority you portray. Perhaps more important: if you get them wrong, your choice of style and presentation can undermine your authority and professional gravitas.
The two things covered in this lesson are:
1. The value of employing your ‘personal power points’ – getting the little details of style and personal presentation right.
2. Dressing for the image you want to portray. As with so much in crafting your gravitas, what you choose is less important than making your choice deliberately.
1. Review how you prepare before going to work, and how you maintain the way you look and come across to people throughout your working day. To what extent do you pay attention to, and optimize, your personal power points? If necessary, decide on some changes. (2 MC CPD Points)
2. If necessary, make changes to your personal power points and build those changes into your routine over the next three weeks. (2 MC CPD Points)
3. Review our video: ‘First Impression – Appearance: How to Look the Part’ https://youtu.be/wQKttXHMVps (4 MC CPD Points from the video, if you’ve not seen it before)
4. Think about the professional image you wish to portray at work – or in different aspects of your work. Make any changes you think are helpful. (2 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges https://geni.us/SCerYBh
– Executive Presence: The Art of Commanding Respect Like a CEO https://geni.us/QqYV
– Dress Me Slowly, I’m in a Hurry: Master the Art of First Impressions to Stand Out in the Job Hunting Game https://geni.us/fv9c
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it here: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 11 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon