Supporting Your Team Under Pressure: Return to High-Performance
When your team is under pressure, what can you do to support them and return them to a high-performance state?
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.4
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 4: Supporting Your Team
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 Supporting Your Team through Team Stress
🎬 Supporting Your Team through Change – 6 Steps
🎬 Supporting Your Team through Conflict
🎬 Supporting Your Team for Learning
We have all seen the results of a team under pressure. Relationships become dysfunctional and the work starts to suffer.
We see demotivation, dips in productivity, mistakes, and a drop in quality.
A team can only focus on two things:
• The tasks at hand
• The relationships among them
A high-performing team is one that pays high levels of attention to both.
Under pressure, things slip.
Consider your team at the moment:
1. what is its ‘usual’ state I’m terms of attention to task and attention to relationships? What evidence could you cite to back-up your assessment? Be rigorous and honest. (2 MC CPD Points)
2. What is the current state of your team? Again, be rigorous in finding evidence to support your assessment. (2 MC CPD Points)
3. What steps will you take to move/return your team to a high-performing state? (2 MC CPD Points)
4. After you have implemented your plan, step back and assess the results. What have you learned from the process? And what is your next step? (4 MC CPD Points)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers need a basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 10 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#TeamLeadership #ManagementCourses #Pressure