Teamwork: Problem Solving with Your Team
One of the joys of really great teamwork is the enormous scope for creative thinking and innovative problem solving. Team problem solving is great!
Watching this video is worth 2 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.2
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 2: Teamwork and Team Working
Other videos in this section include:
– Essentials of Working as a Team https://youtu.be/AZHBmSvcMuk
– Providing for Your Team https://youtu.be/-4ZGJTc1izY
– Protecting Your Team https://youtu.be/d2l0MAmgZnI
– Facilitating Effective Team Working https://youtu.be/u0_saYNmHmg
– Your Team’s Skills and Expertise https://youtu.be/8thhYXa4ZqI
– Elements of Effective Team Meetings https://youtu.be/QOKkXUza3uw
– Leading Effective Team Reviews https://youtu.be/vjqrYafrttU
– Team Celebrations https://youtu.be/sSF6PMrsMJE
– Problem Solving with Your Team https://youtu.be/sEcQ2FoXzao
– Your Team Working Problems Solved https://youtu.be/tIwRNM-jGKA
In problem solving, your job as team leader is to get the best out of your team by bringing them together in an informal and mentally stimulating environment.
Set a playful tone. Use exercises and creative thinking tools to get the best from them. Ensure your facilitation approach allows everyone to contribute.
Use techniques like small group conversations and independent thinking, which allow even the most introverted and the least confident to be heard.
Reframe your problem from:
• ‘Our problem is that…’ to:
• ‘We need to figure out how to…’
Use a problem solving team meeting structure that:
1. Outlines the context
2. Defines the problem
3. Explores relevant knowledge
4. Harnesses a wide range of ideas and options
5. Stress tests the ideas
6. Looks for combinations and variations on the ideas
7. Determines an optimum problem resolution
8. Builds a plan
We have a whole course on problem solving lined up.
The third of Four Special Meeting Types and How to Run Them (https://youtu.be/w_Ulehs8DEw) is Creative Thinking Meetings
1. Are you harnessing the power of your team to solve problems? When did you last work with your team on problem solving? And how well did it go? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. What can you do at your next team problem solving meeting to make it more productive? (2 MC CPD Points)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers Need a basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 2 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 6 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Teamwork #ManagementCourses #TeamProblemSolving