The Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Model
The Drexler/Sibbet Team Performance Model is a good model – but a proprietary one. It belongs to Grove Tools inc. So, I shall only describe their model to the extent that I believe is fair use for educational purposes.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.1
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 1: Team Development & Team Building
Other videos in this section include:
– What is a Team https://youtu.be/nq2Arav7t4Q
– The Tuckman Team Development Model https://youtu.be/-nlMJcTAz_g
– Accelerate Team Development with Swift Trust https://youtu.be/aiVYyDCz-3s
– Establishing Team Behavior Norms https://youtu.be/4-TM6kINcUs
– Team Building Events: Why, What, and How? https://youtu.be/nhwBZ4lssM8
– John Whitmore’s Team Development Model https://youtu.be/VxPzQMseW7E
– Cog’s Ladder of Group Experiences https://youtu.be/aVqp7Zr5DW4
– Kurt Lewin’s Freeze Phases for Team Development https://youtu.be/i9wNwxy9Zmo
The Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Model was developed by Allan Drexler and David Sibbet. It illustrates team development as seven stages:
– four to create the team and
– three to achieve increasing levels of sustained performance.
The Model is clearly a development from the Tuckman model. The stages are:
Asking the question why we are here, together. This is about the team’s purpose.
Asking the question who we are. This is about who our colleagues are and what capabilities they bring to the team. Also relationship and trust building.
Asking the question what we are here to do. This is about understanding the background and objectives to the team’s role.
Asking the question how we are going to do our tasks. Budget, resources, timeline, roles.
Dealing with the questions of who, what, where, and when. Now we’re into the detail of planning.
Harvesting the investment of the team development. Working well together.
Re-asserting the question why. Reviewing our process and then asking what’s next and how do we need to adapt?
1. Compare the Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Model with other models of team development, like Tuckman. What are the similarities and differences? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. What aspects of the Drexler/Sibbet model are familiar from your own experiences of team development? And what differences are there? (2 MC CPD Points)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 5 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Management #ManagementCourses #DrexlerSibbet