The Tuckman Model – Tuckman Team Development Model
The Tuckman Model of Group Formation and Team Development is one of the most important, useful, and successful management models. Simply put… Every manager needs to know it!
Watching this video is worth 3 Management Courses CPD Points*.
(See below for more details)
This video is part of course module number 4.3.1
Program 4: Managing & Leading Groups
Course 3: Teams
Section 1: Team Development & Team Building
Other videos in this section include:
– What is a Team https://youtu.be/nq2Arav7t4Q
– Accelerate Team Development with Swift Trust https://youtu.be/aiVYyDCz-3s
– Establishing Team Behavior Norms https://youtu.be/4-TM6kINcUs
– Team Building Events: Why, What, and How? https://youtu.be/nhwBZ4lssM8
– John Whitmore’s Team Development Model https://youtu.be/VxPzQMseW7E
– Cog’s Ladder of Group Experiences https://youtu.be/aVqp7Zr5DW4
– The Drexler-Sibbet Team Performance Model https://youtu.be/HjEvSjkD7L0
– Kurt Lewin’s Freeze Phases for Team Development https://youtu.be/i9wNwxy9Zmo
The Tuckman Model of Group Development is the best known, most widely used model of group formation.
Describes the evolution from a group of individuals to a team.
Tuckman asserts the rhyme is the reason for the success of his model – sometimes called the ‘orming model’ – but this model is at the perfect sweet spot.
We will look at alternative models later in the course.
The 5 Stages of the Tuckman Model
1. Think about your experiences in teams that have come together and evolved. To what extent do you recognize the stages of the Tuckman model? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. Where in the group development lifecycle is the team you are leading/in now? What would you/the leader need to do to move it towards the performing stage? (3 MC CPD Points)
– CPD Tools – https://gum.co/MC-CPD
– Management Courses Onboarding Kit – https://gum.co/MC-ObK ($3)
– The Five Dysfunctions of a Team https://geni.us/wbIE
– The Wisdom of Teams https://geni.us/7i1AL
– The Belbin Guide to Succeeding at Work https://geni.us/Kzc4GV4
– Dream Teams: Working Together Without Falling Apart https://geni.us/oAgEOdA
– Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High-Performance Teamwork https://geni.us/zUVV3G
– HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams https://geni.us/0DLsNe4
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
Management Courses Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 3 MC CPD points
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 8 MC CPD points
Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
#Management #ManagementCourses #TuckmanModel