What is Brand Management?
Brand management is the creation and execution of plans to strengthen consumers’ brand perception of a brand.
Watching this video is worth 1 Management Courses CPD Point*.
🔎 See below for details
Marketing for Managers
This video is part of course module number 8.3.1
Program 8: Managing Customers & Clients
Course 3: Marketing for Managers
Section 1: Brands and Branding
Other videos in this section include:
🎬 What are Brands and Branding? https://youtu.be/SCKf1gy0Gio
🎬 What is a Brand Strategy? https://youtu.be/lgMrDRosb8A
🎬 What is a Brand Marketing Plan? https://youtu.be/mvUe3Cdoh-Q
Brand Management is an ongoing operational activity in a business, that maintains and grows a consistent brand identity – with the intent of enhancing Brand Equity.
Brand Management ensures that everything aligns with your desired branding:
• stylistic elements
So, brand management creates a blueprint for the brand. It provides the whole organization with the research, guidelines, and strategies to effectively enhance the brand’s reputation with customers, from digital collateral to physical products and human interactions.
Brand Management and Marketing
If brand management is the blueprint – or guidelines – for maintaining your brand, marketing is how you put that plan into action.
So, Brand Management uses an array of marketing tools and techniques to increase the perceived value of a brand (Brand Equity).
It builds loyal customers through positive associations and images or a strong awareness of the brand. Thus, it allows the company to:
1. Reduce the cost of sales
2. Increase the market pricing of products
3. Bounce back from circumstantial crisis
The Brand Management process starts by identifying the core value of a particular brand and reflecting the core value among the targeted customers.
The key steps of Brand Management:
1. Define the vision, values, personality, and big idea behind your company or product. This tells you the core value of a particular brand
2. Determine the personality traits that go with the brand. This allows you to reflect the core value among the targeted customers
3. Find words and language that describe it
a. product name
b. tagline or motto
d. tone of voice
4. Craft a visual identity that symbolizes it
c. graphic style
5. Set out the behaviors and cultural norms that will reinforce the brand
6. Use it all consistently in physical spaces, online, and in marketing and advertising
7. Be true to your brand, in your attitudes, interactions, and decisions – and enforce that consistency in all of the company’s (and its partners) interactions with the customers
1. Look at the organization you work for. What Brand Management activities are you aware of? And which ones can you not discern? (2 MC CPD Points)
2. If you were in control of the management of your organization’s brand, what activities would you change? (2 MC CPD Points)
📖 Branding: A Very Short Introduction https://geni.us/gGPWw8
📖 Branding For Dummies https://geni.us/cO4oPC
📖 The Brand Gap https://geni.us/cureu6
📖 Building a Story Brand https://geni.us/getCcr1
📖 Designing Brand Identity https://geni.us/DxzHwI6
⭕️ Links to our book recommendations are affiliated through Amazon
Managers Need a Basic set of kit to do your job well. Here are my top recommendations: https://kit.co/MikeClayton/manager-s-work-kit (the links are affiliated)
MANAGEMENT COURSES CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) POINTS
You can record your Management Courses CPD points on our free, downloadable CPD record log.
📓 Download it at: https://gum.co/MC-CPD
Each video has two levels of MC CPD points. For this video:
– If you simply watched the video, record 1 MC CPD point
– If you also carried out all of the recommended exercises, score a total of 5 MC CPD points
#Marketing #ManagementCourses #BrandManagement